• show-popup

Shares 0

ADT Home Security - ADT SUCKS!!!!!

• by   Dec 02, 2011
  • 8 comments
  • Review #: 278885
Company ADT Home Security
Location Denver, Colorado
Category Installers
Views 245

After installing alarms now for 20 years, the worst of the worst is ADT, Yes they are the largest,Yes they make TONS of money a year from the 6 million plus hardworking,honest people that have been sold a lie!Grab a stopwatch and hit a medical panic right now if you do not believe.

For some it may have great results, for others? you won't even get a call...Stick to "911" for emergencies,Your insurance company and Law enforcement will do a much better job. That 33.99 and above you pay a month would serve much better being donated to your community.

Stop the fleecing of mankind!Be proactive on what you can do to protect yourself, not the false piece of mind you got "High Pressure" sold on.Good systems are not cheap and NO system will stop anyone who really wants to rob you. 2f20a0a

Comments (8) Hide comments
Comment review as anonymous or
CAPTCHA

Nov 29, 2013
We got trapped by ADT contract for 3 years and finally broke free this year. It was a nightmare..............

We decided never going back to monitoring and contract binding ever again.

Found an alarm company AAS Alarm online. Bought an alarm kit from them, setup the alarm ourselves. Took control of the system using our phone line to monitor on our own. Who could've thought there are DIY alarm systems existed and worked like a charm.

Hope to share it with everyone. Good Luck to All.

Reply to Christin Chastic

Nov 24, 2013
Had ADT for 2 years and then moved; contacted them for new address. I was told there was a 3 year contract and while that was going on ADT did an automatic debit to my bank account. Called and was told it was for the 3 year contract, whether or not I used their service. Then a $63 bill shows up in the mail with no explanation. Called and was told that was my "contract buy out" fee, in addition to the yearly fee. Told them I would and I did NOT keep the service. Now there are overdue bill notices coming for the $63. Almost as bad as Comcast!
Reply to Anonymous

Nov 24, 2012
Terrible service. Terrible Product. Bad company.
Reply to Brad

Sep 29, 2012
Just cancelled when they unilaterally increased bill by another 5%. When I called, I was told that I had to write them a letter to cancel and that they "had a policy" of requiring 30 days advance written notice. They were totally unhelpful and nasty. This after I had been a 30+ year customer of their service and had put up with poor service, paid bills without protest, etc.

What a big rip. I told my credit card company not to accept any more bills and to dispute the most recent one.
Reply to Bill

Apr 03, 2012
ADT is horrible, they have gotten too big and their customer service sucks. It takes a week for a technician to come out to fix something.
Reply to William Moorw

Mar 29, 2012
:( I was a Technician for ADT for 10 years and was tired of making excuses and covering up for mistakes caused by other employees(Local and Corporate)and the Rude minimum wage employees that would talk to the customers like they were Idiots..And we would get the brunt of the customers anger after they talked to them..Didn't blame the Customers..Personally;I took my job seriously and did whatever I could to get their systems right and make them happy. but ADT only considered us as a number.I would be cautious about getting a security system and get references first!!!
Reply to Former Service Technician

Feb 03, 2012  from Cooks, Michigan
When I installed the system, they said I had six months to try and they will cancel if I am not happy with it. They even compared with the competitor who was using giving three months. After using it for a couple of months, I realized it did not pick up many signals in the house. For example, if someone entered through the backdoor and went directly to the upper floor, it does not pick that signal. So, it was essentially not doing what it was bought for. I called up to cancel it and have been getting the run around. This sucks! I am not sure if these people are any better than crooks who sell lies!!
Reply to Al

Dec 16, 2011
I recently put in an ADT system which works pretty well. However, the salesman who installed my system sold me on two additional motion sensors. I also have three dogs. I was told by the sales rep that the sensor would not pick up the dogs. After installation I quickly realized that the dogs send the system into alarm. I have been trying to reach out for ADT to solve the problem and change the sensors, but they will not get back to me. Their service sucks to say the least.
Reply to ADT needs work

Read next ADT Home Security complaint

ADT Sucks

They are pretty much a rip off.They lure you in to sign a 3 year contract and you cannot get out of...

Select Reason

Send Report Cancel

Thank you!

We will review your report
You were reading a complaint about ADT Home Security.
Filing a new complaint about
Report a bug